Cin Cin (an Italian toast) - Vancouver is gonna be spoiled with a new pizza joint called Famoso opening on Commercial drive this Wednesday (April 17th). Famoso is a neapolitan pizzeria and the food will make you think you died and gone to Italy. You’ll come to love the Famoso fire oven, and I believe it takes about 90 secs to heat up a pizza that was made with some Italian love. Plus, you must top off your meal with its Salted Caramel & Burnt Sugar Banana Cioccolato Gelato. Drool over these pics:
Love seeing vintage cars on the streets of Vancouver. I rarely see them but am in aww when they do pop up. Below is a Jaguar, it’s a beauty. I didn’t have time to wait for the owner and ask questions for more details. For now, it’s all eye candy.
CB2 made it’s debut to Robson Street making many Vancouverites very happy. Here are some pics from its opening party on Feb 17th. Well done to Vitamin Daily Vancouver for organizing this event.
To see all my photos, check out my flickr page.
Me with the lovely ladies at A Good Chick To Know, Jennifer & Rachel!
Chef Anthony Sedlak is back! This Food Network TV host is giving Vancouver a little taste of Philly and it’s brotherly love towards cheesesteaks, with the launch of The American Cheesesteak Co on 781 Davie Street. A different cuisine genre from his last restaurant, Corner Suite Bistro De Luxe, which closed down earlier this year (approx 10 months after Sedlak left as top chef) .
The American Cheesesteak is definitely a joint downtown Vancouver will savour and for around $12 a sandwich, you’ll be full until next Tuesday! Portions, toppings, flavor is all very generous – and the menu can accomodate meat lovers (clearly), vegitarians, and celiacs (just eat the the filling – minus the bread, and you’ll be more than satisfied). Trust me, you must try the ACC garlic fries (delicious).
The menu consists of Traditional Cheesesteaks:
- The Philly (beef + cheese, a Philadelphia tradition)
- The Classic (beef + sauteed mushrooms)
- The New Yorker (sauteed mushrooms + peppers, shredded lettuce, tomatoes + roasted garlic mayo
And of course the Speciality Cheesesteaks:
- The Cowboy (shaved prime rib, crispy fried onions, homemade spicy bbq sauce, bacon mayo + aged cheddar)
- Le Bifteck (shaved prime rib, caramelized onion jam, double cream brie, arugula + dijon)
- The Coppola (saved prime rib, sauteed mushrooms, onions + green peppers, hot banana peppers, in-house roasted tomato sauce + provolone)
- The Chicken Milanese (hand-breaded crispy chicken breast, sauteed mushrooms, onions + peppers, in-house roasted tomato sauce + fontina cheese)
- The Good Earth (sauteed portobello + forest mushrooms, roasted red peppers, sauteed onions, crumbled feta + pesto mayo)
- The Big Shot (wagyu beef, sauteed forest mushrooms, crispy onions, truffle aioli + fontina cheese).
My favs: The Classic, Le Bifteck, The Good Earth.
As a blogger who has the keen interest in tech, I had to ask Anthony what is his favorite mobile app. His answer: Shazam. He uses it frequently to discover new tunes and is not afraid to hold up his iPhone up high among a crowd at say restaurant or any other place that plays good music. He joking states that most restaurants help to expand his music palate. Here’s a photo of me and Anthony doing a ‘nerdy’ pose as we both had the same frames.
For more pictures of The American Cheesesteak Co, check out my Flickr page.